- Development of this new material technology has allowed us to create a stiffer, lighter and more durable wing without geometric compromise (and without the high-performance price tag).
- The Mode has a fast, VMG-optimized design, which lets you sail closer to the wind, on higher upwind angles, and reduces your need to tack or gybe, so you reach the mark as quickly as possible.
- We designed the Mode primarily for high-speed performance, but the stiffer airframe also translates into unprecedented loft for higher jumps and forward momentum on landings.
- With incredible high-end stability, the 4.2 and 5.5m are ideal for use in stronger winds, while the 7m is optimised for greater power in lighter air.
- The wing has a balanced lower aspect ratio with rounded wingtips to reduce tip strike, and the new panel layout delivers wingtip stability and increased tension under load.
- Featuring rigid GripLock micro-trim control handles for immediate response, and new race-window positioning to help you keep a close eye on your opponents.
- 3x Stiffer
- 40% Lighter
- VMG-Optimised Design
- Freestyle and Freeride Performance
- High end stability and impressive wind range
- New panel layout
- Compact outline with reduced wingspan
- Dual inflation valves
- Rigid GripLock handles
- Gybe-friendly window positioning
- N-Weave Technology
N-Weave Technology: 3x stiffer, 40% lighter.
North developed N-Weave, a new low-elongation, high tensile strength woven fibre, to help reduce geometric compromise in our inflated structures. N-Weave creates a stiffer, lighter rig that holds its shape when under load and has a highly efficient power delivery. 3x stiffer than a polyester of the same weight, N-Weave reduces structural deflection and transfers wind energy into greater forward speed, explosive boost and hangtime for freestyle tricks.
Our primary design objectives for the Mode were speed and VMG, or Velocity Made Good, which indicates your speed towards or from the direction of the wind. The wing.s fast, VMG-optimized design enables you to sail closer to the wind, on higher upwind angles, reducing your need to tack or gybe, so you reach the mark as quickly as possible.
Freestyle and Freeride Performance
We designed the Mode for high-speed performance, but the stiffer airframe also translates into unprecedented loft for higher jumps and forward momentum on landings.
High end stability and impressive wind range
The Mode has incredible high-end stability. The 4.2 and 5.5 are designed for high end, stronger winds, while the 7m is optimised for greater power in lighter air. The wing also has excellent range – that.s why there.s only three in the whole quiver. Any rider will benefit from the wing.s stability and tensioning. Once you.re up on the foil its designed for stability at the high end â€“ whereas the Nova and Nova Light Wind are designed for better performance in the low end.
New panel layout
Stabilizes the wingtips and increases tension under load
Compact outline with reduced wingspan
Balanced lower aspect ratio design with rounded wingtips to reduce tip strike.
Dual inflation valves
There are two main valves, one on the LE and one on the strut, with an interlinking valve and hose. This enables you to inflate the strut to a higher pressure than the leading edge. The N-Weave material also has a higher inflation pressure capacity, which enables you to to use a smaller wing size, without sacrificing power.
Rigid GripLock handles
Rigid GripLock micro-trim control handles for immediate response and intuitive transitions. The rigid handles radically transform the way you ride, with instant control and reduced hand-fatigue. The two long handlebars are wrapped in a soft EVA grip for comfort, and enable you to slide your hands into optimum trimming positions to control the wing.s pitch,yaw and roll, while keeping your body positioned perfectly over the foil. More freedom in your hand placement lets you choose the best feel based on the conditions, your arm length, and your body size.
Gybe-friendly window positioning
New race-window positioning for keeping an eye on your opponents. We.ve placed two smaller windows in front of you so you can see down wind. We.ve also placed a window towards the end of the strut for a visual on what.s behind you.