The 2018 Starboard Lima Blasa Carbon Fixed SUP Paddle is the most premium and technologically advanced paddle with lightest weight. It is the highest performing paddle in the Starboard range, adding a touch of magic to every stroke.
The direct catch and ability to redirect automatically is what makes our World Champion race team choose the Lima paddle.
• Ultra lightweight for longer and more efficient paddle sessions.
• Light weight Carbon fiber pre-impregnated construction.
STARBOARD R&D TEAM SUMMARY
We paddle a lot and found it fun to develop paddle shafts suiting the individual needs for our various-sized friends and team riders; to maximizing their particular perfomance demands.
A flexible shaft transfers energy in a more gentle way suiting long-distance paddling and higher cadence. A stiffer shaft provides a more direct transfer of energy and suits larger blades and taller riders wanting to use full-length shafts. When you cut a paddle shaft down to fit your size, it automatically becomes stiffer, thus you may wish to choose a 45 mm shaft.
• The stiffness is measured by applying 30kg in the center of the shaft, supported at 140cm distance to measure the deflection in mm.
• If the shaft bends, it shows a higher deflection resulting in more flex, compared to a stiffer shaft with low deflection.
• The 35mm has the lowest flex,45mm has the highest flex.