North Nova Wing
- New compact outline for balanced handling and reduced tip-strike
- Strong upwind ability
- New rigid GripLock microtrimming control handles for more immediate and direct adjustment
- Expanded wind range for low-end performance and high-end stability
- Extremely efficient power delivery and smooth steady ride
- 6/7m lower aspect ratio and wingtip curvature improves tip-strike recovery
- New 1.9m for lighter riders and skateboard sessions
- GeoStrut exoskeleton for a stiffer frame with comfortable ergonomic geometry
- New stiffer XL T-Joint – no wasted energy
- Dual HyperFlow rapid inflation and 4-point bladder lock
- Durable high performance Dacron frame and N-HTRS canopy for clean load distribution
- LiteVision XS window panels for a safer riding experience
- Kevlar strut connection with a tight and accurate fit
- DuraLite STPU scuff protection on wing tips and seams
New Compact outline
Lighter feeling and easier to handle in all conditions, the 2022 Nova has a reduced chord length and a shorter wingspan.
New Rigid handles
Radically transform the way you ride with increased control and reduced hand-fatigue. New rigid GripLock microtrimming control handles offer a faster, more immediate, and more direct balance adjustment.
Expanded wind range
The Nova has a massive wind range, with both low-end performance and high-end stability.
Smooth high-end stability
In the smaller sizes (2.5m-5m), the Nova is extremely efficient at transferring wind power into forward drive and features a linear power delivery throughout the entire wind range.
NEW tip-strike recovery
The lower aspect ratio and compact outline means you’re less likely to catch a wingtip in the water.
NEW 1.9m for lighter riders
Ideal for sharing the stoke, our smallest Nova is designed for lighter riders and kids (under 50kg). Being so small, this wing is already depowered. So, we’ve given it a more neutral angle of attack, enabling lighter riders to wing comfortably in any conditions.
The controlled curvature of the exoskeleton increases stiffness and performance, creating a more stable centre profile that can still depower and produce less lift when you’re towing the wing behind you riding waves.
Efficient energy transfer
The new stiffer XL T-Joint creates a more efficient energy-transfer while pumping the wing, without distortion in the frame. More rigid performance. No wasted energy.
Dual HyperFlow and 4-point bladder lock
Double speed, high volume single point inflation system with larger diameter inlet/outlet hose for rapid inflation and deflation. The two connections also help to prevent bladder migration while deflated or during transport.
Durable Dacron frame and N-HTRS canopy
Chasing a stiffer rig, we’ve used an ultra-strong high tenacity Dacron for the inflated structures, resulting in less deflection and movement and a stiffer overall frame during flight
Safer XS window panels improve the rider’s field of vision – allowing you to see what’s downwind of you before transitions.
Kevlar strut connection
A biaxial kevlar (aramid) fibre layer provides internal strength and reinforcement to the connection between strut and leading edge. It is bias cut, so it can flex around the curvature of the strut, with a tight and accurate fit.
Durable STPU scuff protection on the wing tips and seams, with wingtip reinforcement for added longevity.